Monday, January 30, 2012

Dryland EV Training, Session 2

Aeri continues to get stronger and stronger in her dryland work.  I'm starting to learn more about the quirks of the dryland work using a jump myself, so I'm more able to spot changes in her performance *before* we miss a jump.  As it is, I do need to get much better at identifying when she's tiring and stopping before she's too fatigued.  Both Aeri and Kes show a sharp drop in their ability to maintain jump length as they tire, currently around the 8 minute mark.

We'll be adding some extra conditioning work in the future to help increase endurance, but until then, our sessions will be kept much shorter!

You'll find video from Aeri's session yesterday evening below. The camera cut off before our spectacular 8' long jump, but you'll get the idea of what we're working on despite that. ;)



UPDATED!

Here's video from Kestrel's first two sessions as well. As you can see, he is taking longer to progress than Aeri and it's taking a bit of creative problem solving to work through his specific challenges, but we're getting there. It's a learning process for both human and dog!

1 comment:

  1. Finally getting around to watching these. So interesting! I don't think I would have ever thought this up on my own to practice EV! I love Kes's jumping style. He looks like a deer.

    Great work Erin! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your progress!

    ReplyDelete